- Josh Allen has +4500 odds to win the regular season MVP and the Super Bowl.
- No regular season MVP has won the Super Bowl since Kurt Warner in 1999.
- These odds are very juice-heavy, as they’re effectively a parlay of Allen to win MVP (+700) and the Bills to win the Super Bowl (+600).
LAS VEGAS – As the 2022 NFL season approaches, bettors can find longshot odds on what effectively amounts to a parlay of regular season MVP winners and Super Bowl winners.
NFL 2022-2023 Season Specials
- J. Allen Regular Season MVP And Buffalo Win The Super Bowl +4500
- P. Mahomes Regular Season MVP And Kansas City Win The Super Bowl +8000
- T. Brady Regular Season MVP And Tampa Bay Win The Super Bowl +6500
- A. Rodgers Regular Season MVP And Green Bay Win The Super Bowl +10000
- M. Stafford Regular Season MVP And LA Rams Win The Super Bowl +12500
- J. Burrow Regular Season MVP & Bengals To Win The Super Bowl +20000
Leading the pack is Josh Allen of the Buffalo Bills, who has +4500 odds to win the regular season MVP award as well as the Super Bowl.
Allen’s Bills are +600 to win the Super Bowl. Bovada – the online sportsbook offering this bet – does not have current MVP odds up, but Bet365 has Allen at +700 to win MVP.
Since this is effectively a +600 and +700 parlay, one would expect to see odds of about +5500 on this wager.
However, Bovada is offering only +4500 odds on Allen to win the Super Bowl and the Regular Season MVP, meaning this wager, as lopsided as it is, is poor value.
This same logic can be applied to the other players in the wager.
|Player||Given Odds To Win MVP + SB||Odds To Win MVP (Bet365)||Odds To Win Super Bowl (Bovada)||What The Odds Should Be||Value Lost To The Juice||Juice Loss As A %|
This analysis tells a prospective bettor that the only one of these wagers within normal boundaries as far as the juice goes is the one on Aaron Rodgers. He has comparable odds to Patrick Mahomes in terms of the individual parts of the wager, but is getting +10000, where Mahomes is getting +8000.
MVP And Super Bowl Betting Trends
The MVP has a reputation in recent years of being a bit of a curse with regards to winning the Super Bowl.
Throughout the history of the NFL, 10 players have won the MVP and the Super Bowl in the same year.
However, the last one of these was Kurt Warner in 1999-2000. Since then, the Super Bowl and the MVP have not been reunited.
BettingSuperBowl.com may receive a commission from any purchases you make through link on our site. This enables us to offer you the best free content and news about Super Bowl Betting.
Maxwell joined the BettingSuperBowl team in 2019 and is thrilled to be working for a website that so mirrors his interests. Maxwell is an avid follower of sports, a consumer of sports gambling news, and seeks to constantly better himself and his readers.