Betting On AFC Championship Odds
Betting on AFC Championship odds can be one of the most profitable bets you make all year. That’s because before the season starts you can expect to see some teams with +1000 odds that actually have a legitimate chance to win the AFC. Those odds get shorter or longer over the season, of course, based on how each team performs. In the NFL, anybody can beat anyone on any given Sunday, but certain teams are able to withstand the storm and come out on top. As of right now, the Kansas City Chiefs have opened up as the favorites to repeat as the AFC Champions. The Chiefs have made it to the last three AFC Championship games and have won two of them.
BettingSuperBowl.com has a breakdown of all the divisional odds below so that you can make better decisions when betting on AFC Championship odds. When betting on these divisions, each group comes with its own fair share of competitors. There are a few where the best team of the four is way ahead of its competition, and there are other divisions where things could get dicey. Each team has its own share of internal adversity that they have to overcome as well which all affect their odds to win their division. Below, you’ll see a quick breakdown of each team’s current standing in the AFC.
Odds To Win The AFC Championship
The AFC Championship game is set and the Kansas City Chiefs will take on the Cincinnati Bengals in Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City, Missouri. The Chiefs are heavy favorites to win the game being that they were the favorites going into the playoffs while the Bengals have been fighting the longest odds since the postseason started.
Kansas City Chiefs Vs. Cincinnati Bengals
- Moneyline: Chiefs (-330) vs. Bengals (+265)
- Spread: Chiefs -7
- Total: 54 Points
Hot AFC Championship Betting Trends
- Home favorites are 11-8 ATS in Conference Championship Games with a 7-point spread.
- The Over is 16-11 in Conference Championship Games since 2003 with the temperature 50 degrees or colder (it will be an expected 46 degrees Sunday.
- Chiefs coach Andy Reid is 28-9 when facing teams for the second time in a single season; this includes the playoffs.
- Reid is also 23-12-1 ATS in these games.
- The winner has covered the spread in 37 of the last 40 conference Championship Games, a 92.5% rate.
- Road underdogs are 4-4 straight up in the last four seasons.
- Underdogs are 11-15 straight up in Conference Championship Games since 2000.
- Teams are 1-3 ATS after giving up three or more sacks in the divisional round (Bengals gave up 9).
- The Bengals are 5-1 against the Chiefs in their last 6 matchups.
Kansas City Chiefs Playoff Trends
The Kansas City Chiefs have hit the Over in both their playoff matchups against the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Buffalo Bills. This continued a streak following in the regular season, with the Chiefs now hitting the Over in their last seven games overall. KC also covered the spread in their two playoff games. They covered in six of their last eight games heading into the postseason. The Chiefs lost to the Cincinnati Bengals when they faced one another in the regular season. KC was favored in this matchup. The Chiefs are favored by a touchdown against the Bengals for the AFC Championship Game.
Cincinnati Bengals Playoff Trends
The Cincinnati Bengals are have seen both playoff games hit the Under in their respective matchups against the Los Vegas Rams and the Tennessee Titans. The Bengals have covered the spread in both playoff games and were underdogs against the one-seed Titans. The Bengals were underdogs facing the Kansas City Chiefs in their matchup during the regular season. Cincinnati is 3-2 in their last five outings as underdogs and have hit the Under in four of those five games.
Bengals Against The Odds
- The Cincinnati Bengals have not made it to a championship game since 1988 in which they won.
- The Bengals are 7-point road underdogs heading into the AFC Conference Championship.
- Of the last 10 Conference Championship games, the favorite has won seven of them.
- Only one team that was favored by a touchdown or more has lost in the AFC Conference Championship Game in the
- last 20 games; the Baltimore Ravens beat the New England Patriots who were 7.5-point favorites.
- The Bengals were 4-point road underdogs when they faced in the divisional round against the Tennessee Titans.
- The Bengals are 5-0 ATS in their last five games as road underdogs.
If The Bengals Win
- They will be the first team lower than a three-seed to win the AFC Championship Game since the six-seed Pittsburgh Steelers in 2005.
- They will make it to the Super Bowl for the first time since 1988.
- Joe Burrow would join Tom Brady, Ben Roethlisberger, Russell Wilson, Dan Marino, and Colin Kaepernick as the only QBs to lead their team to the Super Bowl in their second season.
If The Chiefs Win
- The Chiefs will join the New England Patriots, Buffalo Bills, and Miami Dolphins as the only teams to go to at least three straight Super Bowls.
- The Chiefs will be the only team to host and win at least three straight AFC Championship games.
Patrick Mahomes would become the youngest QB start in three Super Bowls.