- The Buffalo Bills have the shortest odds in the league to win the Super Bowl(+600), win the AFC(+275), and the AFC East(-250).
- Those preseason Buffalo Bills odds are influenced greatly by quarterback Josh Allen who is the favorite to win MVP(+700).
- For the Bills and Josh Allen to accomplish their goals in the 2022/23 season, the defense needs to step up and focus on forcing turnovers.
BUFFALO, N.Y. – The Buffalo Bills kick off their 2022 season on the road against the defending Super Bowl Champion Los Angeles Rams.
The fact that the Bills are favored against the defending champions on the road is largely indicative of how strongly Super Bowl sportsbooks feel about the Bills heading into the season.
|Buffalo Bills||-2.5(-115)||-140||O 52.0(-110)|
|Los Angeles Rams||+2.5(-105)||+120||U 52.0(-110)|
Buffalo Bills The Favorites Of The Super Bowl Sportsbooks
Josh Allen and the Buffalo Bills as a whole are largely expected to dominate throughout the 2022 NFL Regular Season and advance well into the postseason. Their domination on the gridiron is so largely anticipated that they are the favorite at Super Bowl sportsbooks for many different categories:
- To Win The Super Bowl: Buffalo Bills +600
- AFC Conference Winner: Buffalo Bills +275
- AFC Conference Number 1 Seed: Buffalo Bills +280
- Team To Score The Most Points (Regular Season): Buffalo Bills +500
- Team With The Most Wins (Regular Season): Buffalo Bills +400
Three key reasons can be attributed to the expected success of the Buffalo Bills in the 2022-23 season:
- The greatness of Josh Allen: Allen heads into his fifth season as a starter with a 39-21 record. His excellence on the field has made him the betting favorite for MVP with +700 odds.
- Weak AFC East: Buffalo has won two consecutive AFC East titles since Tom Brady’s departure from the New England Patriots. This season the Bills have -250 odds to repeat as AFC East Champions.
- Playoff Heartbreak: Everyone remembers the playoff game between the Kansas City Chiefs and Buffalo Bills last season that resulted in Buffalo’s season ending largely because of a coin toss.
- Many Super Bowl bettors expect that to fuel the team going forward.
Underrated Key To Success For The Buffalo Bills In 2022/23
Every team must have certain factors such as health and a little scheduling luck to win the Super Bowl, which is undoubtedly the Buffalo Bills’ goal heading into the upcoming season.
For the Bills to accomplish that goal they likely will need to focus more on causing turnovers. The average performance by the opposing quarterbacks in the Bills’ wins and losses last season makes that importance clear:
- Wins(12): 54.63% Completion Percentage, 0.83 Touchdowns, 1.67 Interceptions, at least one interception in 10/12 wins.
- Losses(7): 64.36% Completion Percentage, 1 Touchdown, 0.14 Interceptions, and one total interception in their seven losses.
The Buffalo Bills offense is very likely to score a lot of points, as evident by the Bills’ odds to lead the league in scoring(+500) and by Josh Allen’s MVP odds(+700), but their defense may decide if bets on the Buffalo Bills to win the Super Bowl payout.
Brett has been writing professionally since November of 2021. He had such a passion for sports he even decided to major in Sport Management from Florida State University! When not writing about sports, Brett loves playing DFS, bowling, and golfing.