- Nine teams are favored by 3-points or less during Week 12.
- Four of the nine favorites have longer odds to cover their spread.
LAS VEGAS – Week 12 of the NFL season is unlike any other as there are expected to be tons of close matchups taking place.
NFL betting sites currently have nine games on the Week 12 schedule with a 3-point spread or less.
NFL Week 12 Spreads
- Atlanta Falcons -1 (-110) vs. Jacksonville Jaguars +1 (-110)
- Carolina Panthers -1 (-115) vs. Miami Dolphins +1 (-105)
- Houston Texans -3 (+100) vs. New York Jets +3 (-120)
- Philadelphia Eagles -3 (-105) vs. New York Giants +3 (-115)
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers -2.5 (-115) vs. Indianapolis Colts +2.5 (-105)
- Los Angeles Chargers -3 (-105) vs. Denver Broncos +3 (-115)
- Green Bay Packers -1 (-105) vs. Los Angeles Rams +1 (-115)
- San Francisco 49ers -3 (-115) vs. Minnesota Vikings +3 (-105)
- Washington Football Team -1 (-110) vs. Seattle Seahawks +1 (-110)
Favorites Facing Trouble
Of the nine teams that are favored by a field goal or less, four of them have slightly longer odds to cover their spread: the Houston Texans, Philadelphia Eagles, Los Angeles Chargers, and Green Bay Packers.
The Houston Texans odds to cover the spread are the longest of the bunch. The Texans have a 5-5 record ATS and are going up against the New York Jets, who have the worst spread record in the league at 2-8, missing the cover by 6.9 points.
The Philadelphia Eagles are in a similar situation as they have a 6-5 ATS record covering by 5.3 points on average as they go up against the New York Giants. The Giants are 5-5 ATS.
The Los Angeles Chargers sit with longer odds to cover the spread against the Denver Broncos. This comes as the Chargers are 1-2 against the spread in their last three games while the Broncos have covered in two of their last three.
The Green Bay Packers are the biggest surprises of favorites with longer odds to cover as they have the best record ATS this season at 9-2. They are also going up against the Los Angeles Rams who have not covered the spread in four straight games.
Favorites To Cover The Spread
Three of the nine teams are favored to cover the spread over their opponents and all of them have -115 odds to do so - the Carolina Panthers, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and San Francisco 49ers.
The Panthers have a bout with the Miami Dolphins; however, the Dolphins have covered the spread in their last three games.
The Buccaneers are also favorites against the Indianapolis Colts but are expected to face some trouble as the Colts have gone 7-4 ATS with an average cover margin of 5.5 points.
The 49ers, although favorites, have struggled against the spread this season going 4-6 while the Minnesota Vikings are one of the better ATS teams at 6-4. The Vikings have also covered in four of their last five games.
Samuel has been writing professionally for 4 years. He comes from a sports writing background where he enjoys writing mostly about basketball and football both professional and collegiate. He is a recent graduate of Florida State University where he majored in Editing, Writing and Media with a minor in Communications. During his free time, you can find him watching or playing sports as well as playing videogames and listening to music.