- The Minnesota Vikings are a strong bet to cover the 3-point spread against the New York Giants based on their advantage when comparing each team’s triplet.
MINNEAPOLIS – Despite a clear advantage in offensive firepower, the Minnesota Vikings are only 3-point favorites to take down the New York Giants in the Wild Card Round at Bovada.
Betting on Minnesota to cover the spread is likely to be a strong option at Super Bowl betting sites given the advantage they have when comparing each team's best quarterback, running back, and wide receiver.
Minnesota Vikings versus New York Giants Odds
|New York Giants
Comparing each team’s triplet to each other (quarterback and the top running back and receiver for each team) indicates why Minnesota is likely to cover the spread and win big versus the Giants.
Betting on the Vikings vs Giants based on Triplets
With the Giants coming in at 30th and the Vikings at 7th in preseason triplet power rankings, it should come as no surprise that Minnesota dominates New York when comparing each team's leading quarterback and wide receiver:
Comparing Daniel Jones to Kirk Cousins:
- Kirk Cousins: 4,547 Passing Yards, 29 Touchdowns, 14 Interceptions
- Daniel Jones: 3,205 Passing Yards, 15 Touchdowns, 5 Interceptions
Comparing Justin Jefferson to Darius Slayton
- Justin Jefferson: 128 Receptions, 1,809 Yards, 8 Touchdowns
- Darius Slayton: 46 Receptions, 724 Yards, 2 Touchdowns
Cousins and Jefferson likely have a substantial lead over their opposing teams’ counterparts, with the significant advantage likely enough to bet on the Minnesota Vikings.
New York Giants bettors would likely point out their advantage at running back, but statistics show that the difference may not be as large as perceived.
Comparing Dalvin Cook to Saquon Barkley
- Dalvin Cook: 264 Rushing Attempts, 1,173 Rushing Yards, 8 Rushing Touchdowns
- Saquon Barkley: 295 Rushing Attempts, 1,312 Rushing Yards, 10 Rushing Touchdowns
Minnesota's clear strengths over the Giants at quarterback and wide receiver are likely to be too much for Saquon Barkley to overcome, making the Vikings a great value at -3 in the opening round of the NFL Playoffs.
Are you betting on the Minnesota Vikings’ triplet to be enough to cover the spread versus the New York Giants?
BettingSuperBowl.com may receive a commission from any purchases you make through link on our site. This enables us to offer you the best free content and news about Super Bowl Betting.
Brett has been writing professionally since November of 2021. He had such a passion for sports he even decided to major in Sport Management from Florida State University! When not writing about sports, Brett loves playing DFS, bowling, and golfing.