- Bovada is offering odds on which player will have the most rushing yards in the Divisional Round of the NFL Playoffs.
- Christian McCaffrey is the best bet with +525 odds to have the most rushing yards this weekend, as his trends, matchups, and pitfalls of his competitors make him a safe option.
KANSAS CITY, Mo. - Betting odds on which player will lead the Divisional Round of the NFL Playoffs in rushing are available at Bovada, with the popular NFL sportsbook seemingly having the wrong player favored.
Divisional Round Rushing Yards Leader Odds
- Miles Sanders PHI +225
- Saquon Barkley NYG +350
- Christian McCaffrey SF +525
- Travis Etienne Jr. JAC +600
- Joe Mixon CIN +1400
- Tony Pollard DAL +1500
- Isiah Pacheco KC +1800
- Jalen Hurts PHI +1800
Betting on Christian McCaffrey
Christian McCaffrey (+525) is likely the best bet to lead the remaining playoff teams in rushing yards at Super Bowl sportsbooks based on his combination of volume and efficiency:
The San Francisco 49ers have run the ball more often than they have passed it in five of Brock Purdy's six starts.
McCaffrey has 108 rushing yards or more in four of his past six games, averaging 5.75 yards per carry over that time (would be the highest in the NFL among running backs).
Betting Against the Cowboys’ Rushing Defense
McCaffrey and the 49ers face the Dallas Cowboys, with the matchup producing other trends that suggest that CMC may have a big day and lead the way in rushing yards:
- Dallas's defense has allowed a half-yard more per carry on the road (4.7 YPC) than at home (4.2 YPC).
- When the Cowboys are losing this season they have given up 4.8 yards per attempt versus 4.0 when leading.
Dallas is both on the road and a 3.5-point underdog on Sunday, meaning that both trends are likely to present themselves against the 49ers.
Betting on Christian McCaffrey to take advantage of those weaknesses and lead the NFL in rushing yards in the Divisional Round is a strong +525 bet as a result.
Fading the Other Favorites
Miles Sanders, Saquon Barkley, and Travis Etienne are the only other running backs with odds shorter than +1000 to lead the NFL in rushing yards this weekend.
Each comes with much more serious question marks than Christian McCaffrey:
- Will the presence of a mobile quarterback steal some of the opportunities and yards from the running back? (Sanders and Barkley)
- As an underdog by more than a touchdown, will the game script dictate that the running back's team will become passing-oriented? (Barkley and Etienne)
- With 12 or few carries in at least two of his past three games, is the running back sure to be heavily featured? (Sanders, Barkley, and Etienne)
None of those questions apply to Christian McCaffrey as Brock Purdy is not a running quarterback (more than 10 rushing yards once), the 49ers are favored (-3.5), and McCaffrey has at least 14 carriers in six of his last seven games.
With serious concerns for each of the top prospects to lead the NFL in rushing yards this week, betting on Christian McCaffrey with +525 odds may even be the best bet of the weekend.
Are you trailing bets on Christian McCaffrey to lead the league in rushing yards this weekend at Bovada?
BettingSuperBowl.com may receive a commission from any purchases you make through link on our site. This enables us to offer you the best free content and news about Super Bowl Betting.
Brett has been writing professionally since November of 2021. He had such a passion for sports he even decided to major in Sport Management from Florida State University! When not writing about sports, Brett loves playing DFS, bowling, and golfing.