- The Seattle Seahawks are betting underdogs at home against the Denver Broncos.
- Seattle only been a home underdog 18 times since 2011, and they have dominated straight up and against the spread in those matchups.
- Betting on Seattle at home is not the only reason to bet on the Seahawks, as trends support fading the Denver Broncos and Russell Wilson overall.
SEATTLE - Russell Wilson leads the Denver Broncos are favored when they take on his former team, the Seattle Seahawks, on the road on Monday Night Football.
|Denver Broncos||-6.5 (-115)||-270||O44.5 (-110)|
|Seattle Seahawks||+6.5 (-105)||220||U44.5 (-110)|
Wilson knows better than anyone just how hard it is for opposing teams to play in Seattle, regardless of who is perceived as the favorite and the underdog.
Betting on the Seahawks at Home
Largely due to Russell Wilson's play over his combined 174 starts between the playoffs and the regular season for the Seahawks, Seattle has only been a home underdog ten times over the past eight years.
Expanding the total games that the Seahawks have been underdogs into greater than ten games simply necessitates going back to the year 2011, one season and two games before Russell Wilson played for the Hawks.
Since January 2nd, 2011, Seattle has played in 18 home games as an underdog going 11-7 straight up and 15-3 ATS.
Betting on the Seahawks is not simply a strong option just based on their home-field advantage though. A few other core statistics support betting on Seattle to cover the spread:
- Seattle played three games with Geno Smith starting while Russell Wilson was out last season, they went 3-0 against the spread and 1-2 overall during those games.
- The Denver Broncos went 3-5 ATS last season on the road, ending the season particularly poorly by going 1-5 over their last six road games.
- Denver Broncos betting odds indicate that the team has been a road favorite 13 times since 2017. They have struggled, going 5-8 both straight up and ATS in those games.
BettingSuperBowl.com may receive a commission from any purchases you make through link on our site. This enables us to offer you the best free content and news about Super Bowl Betting.
Brett has been writing professionally since November of 2021. He had such a passion for sports he even decided to major in Sport Management from Florida State University! When not writing about sports, Brett loves playing DFS, bowling, and golfing.