- The Philadelphia Eagles host the Minnesota Vikings as a two-point home favorite on Monday Night Football.
- Philadelphia’s overblown fourth-quarter collapse against the Detroit Lions makes them a strong bet to cover the spread.
- Betting on the Eagles and Vikings to combine to make the second quarter the highest scoring quarter has value despite +155 odds.
PHILADELPHIA – Two division favorites clash on Monday Night Football when the two-point favorite Philadelphia Eagles host the Minnesota Vikings.
Monday Night Football betting odds
Betting on Philadelphia to cover the spread
Following a Week One shootout victory against the Detroit Lions, it appears that the odds on the Philadelphia Eagles reflect a terrible opening performance by the team.
The Detroit Lions are by no means an elite team, their +15000 Super Bowl odds indicate that, but in their game against the Eagles it did not get close until the end. Philadelphia held a 38-21 lead entering the fourth quarter and may have just taken their foot off the gas.
Philadelphia went 2-0-1 in Head Coach Nick Sirianni’s debut season last year against the spread as a home favorite, proving that the often maligned coach at least knows how to get his team going at home in games that they need to win.
Three other trends support Philadelphia covering the spread against the Vikings on Monday Night Football:
- Philadelphia’s history versus Minnesota: Over their past 18 games played against one another, the Eagles have gone 12-6 against the spread versus the Vikings.
- NFC North struggles in Philadelphia: Since 2012, NFC North teams have traveled to Philadelphia to face the Eagles on nine occasions. Philadelphia has gone 6-3 against the spread in those games.
- Kirk Cousins-era Vikings struggles: Since Kirk Cousins made his debut back in 2018, the Minnesota Vikings have gone 11-20-1 against the spread following a win. They have also gone 9-12-1 ATS as road underdogs.
Betting on the highest scoring quarter
Outside of simply betting on the spread for the Monday Night Football game, one other bet stands out as an elite option as a game prop bet: betting on the second quarter to be the highest scoring quarter of the game.
Highest scoring quarter odds
- First Quarter +550
- Second Quarter +155
- Third Quarter +500
- Fourth Quarter +220
- Two Or More Quarters To Have Equal Highest Score +650
The second quarter has the shortest odds to be the highest scoring quarter, but even with that disparity it is still a great betting value.
Consider the total scoring by quarter in both the Eagles’ and Vikings’ Week One game.
Both teams’ highest scoring quarter by total score was the second during Week One, with the 31 points in the Eagles and Lions matchup clearly standing out.
Betting on the Minnesota Vikings and Philadelphia Eagles to repeat that second-quarter performance makes for a strong bet with +155 odds.
BettingSuperBowl.com may receive a commission from any purchases you make through link on our site. This enables us to offer you the best free content and news about Super Bowl Betting.
Brett has been writing professionally since November of 2021. He had such a passion for sports he even decided to major in Sport Management from Florida State University! When not writing about sports, Brett loves playing DFS, bowling, and golfing.