Super Bowl LIV Expected To Set Super Bowl Betting Records

  • Super Bowl LIV wagering numbers are expected to be more than last year’s Super Bowl.
  • There is no other sport that brings in as many gamblers than football
  • Sports betting has launched in 14 states with another handful nearing their launch dates.

MIAMISuper Bowl LIV sports wagering numbers are expected to increase compared to last year’s Super Bowl. As the NFL’s biggest game of the year, it is also the biggest day of the year in the world of sports wagering.

Research done by the American Gaming Association showed there were 22.7 million people in the U.S. who bet $6 billion on Super Bowl LIII.

While this may enter as impressive, this year’s Super Bowl betting handle is expected to break records. Estimates suggest that three million more Super Bowl bettors will be around this time, as 14 states now offer a form on legal sports betting. For reference, only eight states were active with regulated sportsbooks during last year’s Super Bowl, and mobile and online betting was just getting its foot in the door.

Now, over 80% of sports betting action occurs through online platforms, and half of the legal states are offering this form of wagering.

The American Gaming Association estimates that approximately $6.8 billion in wagers will be on the Kansas City Chiefs and the San Francisco 49ers. The same study is displaying that more bettors are wagering on the Chiefs to take the title. With 52 percent of bets on the Super Bowl, the Niners are bringing in the other 48 percent.

Advertising Disclosure may receive a commission from any purchases you make through link on our site. This enables us to offer you the best free content and news about Super Bowl Betting.