- The San Francisco 49ers have -120 odds to beat the Kansas City Chiefs in Super Bowl 58.
- There is a 1-point spread set on the game.
- The point total for Super Bowl 58 opened at 47.
LAS VEGAS – The grandest stage of them all is set. The San Francisco 49ers and Kansas City Chiefs will face off at Super Bowl 58 in Las Vegas and betting odds opened directly after the conference championship games.
Super Bowl 58 Odds: San Francisco 49ers Vs. Kansas City Chiefs
- Moneyline: 49ers (-120) vs. Chiefs (+100)
- Spread: 49ers -1.0 (-115)
- Total: 47 Points
Super Bowl 58 betting sites were quick to offer odds with the 49ers opening as the early favorites over the Chiefs. This will mark the second Super Bowl meeting between the 49ers and Chiefs in the last five years with the first being Super Bowl 54 where the Chiefs came out on top.
Looking at how they stack up head to head with each other, they are near even across the board. Including both regular and post season games, the 49ers are 14-5 to this point with the Chiefs at 14-6. Both defenses are in the top-3 of the NFL in terms of points allowed per game with KC only allowing 17.3 compared to the Niners 17.5. On offense, it’s San Francisco who is a complete juggernaut putting up 28.9 ppg while the Chiefs are a whole touchdown behind averaging 21.5 ppg.
49ers Vs. Chiefs Against The Spread
Betting on the Chiefs against the spread has been profitable as they’ve gone an impressive 12-7-1 ATS while the Niners have struggled with their 9-10 record. With Kansas City’s AFC Championship win, it now marks five straight games that they’ve covered the spread including in all of their playoff games. San Francisco, on the other hand, has gone 1-4 ATS in their last five and includes an 0-3 stretch in the playoffs.
Aside from their spread records, the Chiefs are averaging a winning margin 5.3 points on average with a +0.5 cover margin. The Niners are averaging 10.5 points per win with a +2.4 cover margin on the spread.
While betting on the 49ers spread record hasn’t been enjoyable, b in the eyes of betting sites having faced a 7-point spread or larger 12 times this season to the Chiefs 8.
49ers/Chiefs Notable ATS Trends
- With Patrick Mahomes, Chiefs are 3-0 ATS as a 1-2 point underdog in regular and postseason
- Since 2020, 49ers are 3-2 ATS as a 1-2 point favorite in regular and postseason
- Chiefs are 8-3 ATS all time against 49ers
- Chiefs covered -1.5-point spread against 49ers in Super Bowl 54
- Chiefs are 12-3-1 ATS as an underdog with Patrick Mahomes
- 49ers are 4-2 ATS as playoff favorite since 2020
- 49ers are 8-6 ATS as 1-3 point favorite in regular and postseason
49ers Vs. Chiefs Over/Under
While it may not be the first thing bettors would think about, both the Niners and Chiefs are on opposite sides of the spectrum when it comes to betting on the point total. San Francisco is hitting the over at a 57.9% clip for an 11-8 record towards the over. As for the Chiefs, they are second in the league when it comes to hitting the under at 14-6 for a 70% success rate. They are also staying under by a league leading 6.9 points as well.
Both teams have stayed true to their record through the back half of the season and playoffs as well. The Chiefs are 5-1 with the Under in their last six games while San Francisco is 4-2 with the Over in their last six.
49ers/Chiefs Notable Over/Under Trends
- The Chiefs are 2-1 with their Over in their last three games as an underdog between 1-2 points
- Since 2020, the 49ers are 4-1 hitting the Under in their last five games favored by 1-2 points
- In the last five meetings between the Chiefs and 49ers, the Over and Under have alternated with their last meeting being Over
- In their last 8 games as a favorite between 1-3 points, the 49ers have gone under 7 times
BettingSuperBowl.com may receive a commission from any purchases you make through link on our site. This enables us to offer you the best free content and news about Super Bowl Betting.
Samuel has been writing professionally for 4 years. He comes from a sports writing background where he enjoys writing mostly about basketball and football both professional and collegiate. He is a recent graduate of Florida State University where he majored in Editing, Writing and Media with a minor in Communications. During his free time, you can find him watching or playing sports as well as playing videogames and listening to music.