- Betting on the Los Angeles Rams with even odds against the 49ers may be a strong bet based on their return to form in Week Three and the 49ers’ injuries.
- With -125 odds, betting on the total score of the game to end in an odd number may be a fun bet that also has a strong chance to payout.
SAN FRANCISCO – Despite losing All-Pro offensive tackle Trent Williams and starting quarterback Trey Lance to injury in the past two games, the San Francisco 49ers are the favorites versus the reigning Super Bowl Champion Los Angeles Rams.
San Francisco 49ers vs Los Angeles Rams Odds
|Los Angeles Rams
|San Francisco 49ers
Betting on the Rams to Win
The Sean McVay-led Rams were blown out in Week One when they lost 31-10 against the Buffalo Bills, but the Head Coach took that loss to heart.
They have won both of their past two games, but that has not been enough for Los Angeles Rams betting sites to elevate the defending champions back to elite status.
If that same line of recency bias was applied equally to the 49ers, then the Rams may even be heavy favorites:
- San Francisco is coming off an ugly 11-10 defeat against the Denver Broncos that saw Jimmy Garoppolo step out of the back of the endzone in what ended up being the deciding points in the game. Garoppolo had a 14.2 QBR in the contest, which is terrible in his first game as the starter considering a 50 is average.
- Los Angeles may have finally looked liked the 2021 Super Bowl champions in Week Three after they defeated the Arizona Cardinals 20-12. The offense may have been a bit sluggish, but the game was not as close as it seemed. Arizona kicked a field goal with one minute left that brought the Cards within one score. Arizona did not score a touchdown in the game, with only kicker Matt Prater scoring for the Cardinals.
Coming off a terrible performance in Week Three, betting on the San Francisco 49ers to lose the underdog Los Angeles Rams is a good bet on Monday Night Football in Week Four.
Betting on an Odd Point Total
For players not looking to bet on either team during MNF, betting on an odd point total may be a strong option that proves entertaining throughout.
Bovada offers odds on if the point total will end odd or even, with odd being the slight favorite.
Odd/Even Total Points
Three trends support the total of this game going odd, meaning -125 odds may prove to be best bet of the night:
- Past matchups: Six of the past seven Rams versus 49ers games have ended with an odd number of points scored. The only game it did not, Week Six of the 2020 season, saw Rams kicker Sam Sloman get an extra point blocked in the second quarter that would have caused the game to end odd.
- Rams: Eight of the past Los Angeles Rams games have ended with an odd final score.
- San Francisco against the NFC West: In the 49ers’ past ten games against their divisional opponents, the NFC West, the score has ended odd seven times.
BettingSuperBowl.com may receive a commission from any purchases you make through link on our site. This enables us to offer you the best free content and news about Super Bowl Betting.
Brett has been writing professionally since November of 2021. He had such a passion for sports he even decided to major in Sport Management from Florida State University! When not writing about sports, Brett loves playing DFS, bowling, and golfing.