- The AFC East has +250 odds to finish in order: Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, New England Patriots, New York Jets.
LAS VEGAS – The AFC East is a confusing division entering 2021, with a lot of question marks hovering over the members of the division.
Except for the New York Jets. The Jets are the one part of the division that won’t be doing much moving. Still, this is a tough division to pick winners in.
The Buffalo Bills certainly look like the best team in the division, but even assuming that this continues, choosing between the New England Patriots and Miami Dolphins for spot number two is difficult.
The NFL betting sites acknowledge this, as the odds for what seem to be the most likely outcomes in the division are fairly identical.
AFC East Exact Outcome Odds
- 1st Bills 2nd Dolphins 3rd Patriots 4th Jets +250
- 1st Bills 2nd Patriots 3rd Dolphins 4th Jets +275
- 1st Dolphins 2nd Bills 3rd Patriots 4th Jets +500
- 1st Patriots 2nd Bills 3rd Dolphins 4th Jets +550
- 1st Dolphins 2nd Patriots 3rd Bills 4th Jets +1400
- 1st Patriots 2nd Dolphins 3rd Bills 4th Jets +1400
- 1st Bills 2nd Dolphins 3rd Jets 4th Patriots +1600
- 1st Bills 2nd Patriots 3rd Jets 4th Dolphins +1800
- 1st Dolphins 2nd Bills 3rd Jets 4th Patriots +2500
It’s worth pointing out that +250 odds translate to an implied probability of 28.6%, while +275 odds translates to an implied probability of 26.7%.
Using these numbers, we can estimate that the online sportsbooks believe that the Bills will finish first at the same time as the Jets finish fourth more than 50% of the time.
NFL betting fans will have to figure out which direction they think the Patriots and Dolphins will go when betting on this prop.
Maxwell joined the BettingSuperBowl team in 2019 and is thrilled to be working for a website that so mirrors his interests. Maxwell is an avid follower of sports, a consumer of sports gambling news, and seeks to constantly better himself and his readers.