- Super Bowl sportsbooks have made the Miami Dolphins 3.5-point favorites in the first quarter versus the New York Giants on Sunday, with Mike McDaniel’s squad likely to cover based on their hot starts.
- With Miami expected to cover in the first quarter, bets on De’Von Achane to score the first touchdown of the game with +550 odds is a strong option that correlates well with each team’s prior history.
MIAMI – Taking the Miami Dolphins to cover the first quarter spread against the New York Giants may be the best bet of the Sunday main slate and the first bet to hit once the 1 p.m. games kick off.
The Dolphins are 3.5-point favorites at Super Bowl betting sites over the Giants in the first quarter, with bettors best off taking Tua Tagovailoa and company to cover with -110 odds.
Miami Dolphins Vs New York Giants First Quarter Spread
- New York Giants +3.5 (-120)
- Miami Dolphins -3.5 (-110)
First Quarter Trends Backing The Dolphins
The Miami Dolphins Super Bowl 58 odds are the sixth shortest in the entire NFL largely because they have the highest scoring offense in the league.
That 104-point gap (Miami has scored 150 points, New York has 46) is largely built by the difference in first quarter success rate.
There are multiple trends that support first quarter dominance for Miami that leads to them covering as 3.5-point favorites.
- The Giants have yet to score a touchdown in the first half all season.
- Miami has scored a touchdown in the first quarter in three of four games.
- New York’s only first quarter score of the year was in Week 3 on a Graham Gano field goal.
Best First Touchdown Scorer Bet For Dolphins Vs Giants
With Miami’s first quarter dominance likely to continue, it’s also worth considering one of the Dolphins’ players to score the first touchdown of the game.
NYG Vs MIA First Touchdown Scorer Odds
- Tyreek Hill +400
- Raheem Mostert +500
- De'Von Achane +550
- Saquon Barkley +650
- Jaylen Waddle +700
- Matt Breida +1200
- Daniel Jones +1200
- Braxton Berrios +1400
The two players that specifically stand out are Raheem Mostert and De’Von Achane, with both Dolphins running backs having odds of +500 or longer.
Miami’s first touchdown in every game this season has come by way of the ground, with both Mostert and Achane each scoring the first touchdown for the Dolphins twice this season.
Raheem Mostert scored the first touchdown for the Dolphins in weeks one and two, but Achane has found the endzone first for Miami in the last two weeks.
It may be worthwhile betting on both players to score the first touchdown of the New York Giants vs Miami Dolphins game considering their long odds and their histories this season, but De’Von Achane’s recent success likely makes him a slightly better bet than Raheem Mostert to score first.
BettingSuperBowl.com may receive a commission from any purchases you make through link on our site. This enables us to offer you the best free content and news about Super Bowl Betting.
Brett has been writing professionally since November of 2021. He had such a passion for sports he even decided to major in Sport Management from Florida State University! When not writing about sports, Brett loves playing DFS, bowling, and golfing.